Sunday, May 10, 2009

Beautiful Oregon!

I had a fabulous time in Oregon. Krissa flew me out Friday, April 24th. I met up with her there as she and her friend, Chelsea, did a road trip up the coast up to Oregon. We had a fabulous time. Friday night we visited with my friend, Linda Knight, who I came to see.

On Saturday, we went to the coast/beach. We started off eating breakfast at Camp 18... wonderful food and place.
Then, we went to Seaside beach, saw the beach and shopped at the little stores there. We had a blast. We came across this Hat Shop that was awesome and we tried on numerous hats. Then, we went to Cannon Beach where it has Haystack Rock. It was beautiful and cold! We ate at Mo's again (great seafood!) and headed back stopping at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. We got there just 5 minutes before it closed, but enough time to get one of their wonderful ice cream cones. It was awesome!


On Sunday, we went out and enjoyed God's beautiful creations... waterfalls. We went and hiked Multnomah Falls, just north of Portland. It was beautiful! All of that GREEN... the trees, fern, everything was so beautiful it energized me. It was a 5.4 mile hike and we saw numerous beautiful waterfalls. I LOVED IT!!



As I was walking to the car to change my clothes for Krissa to take me to the airport, there was a group of Japanese tourist getting a picture in front of the waterfall. I courteously waited till they were done then I stepped off the curb, twisted my ankle, and did a tuck and roll right in front of them. I should have just gotten up and did the whole "tah dah" thing but I was too embarrassed! Oh well.... It was an awesome trip. It was great to spend time with my friend, Linda, and it was great to spend time with Krissa and Chelsea too.
Photobucket

1 remarks:

Krissa said...

That was a ton of fun. I really miss that Cannon Beach. and the falls were definitely beautiful. Do you think in that hike that it includes the .5 mile walk back to Multonomah? I was wondering that. Anywho, thank you for coming. It was a ton of fun!