Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Horseback Riding

Wow! I haven't been horseback riding since I was ... young... like 13 years old. My friend, Sheryl, and her daughter, Erin, invited me to go to Cave Creek and go horseback riding. Erin had her own horse out there at her boss' place and that is where we rode horses. Wow! What an experience! It was a lot of fun and a little scary too. I didn't remember so much of how to ride a horse and they taught me a lot of things too.


Pulling on boots (tongue action helps). My horse's name was "Chancey". I would say it was taking a chance on me!


They taught me to wash the horse and give it a drink (notice the help I give it with my tongue?).


Squeegee the excess water off.


Carry my saddle out and heft it on the horse.


Then... we RIDE! This is me and my friend, Sheryl.
Whew! We had Fun!!

6 remarks:

Nana & Papa said...

Way to be cowgirl. I check your blog all the time!!!!!!

Krissa said...

HaHa....Looks like fun!!!! Love the boots!!!

Chelsea Diane said...

Wow!!! Lucky! Looks like a fun experience!! I really do think sticking out your tongue helps! :)

Adrianne said...

wow, so cool, I didn't know you were on the blogosphere! Send me your email and i'll add you as a reader to Mike and I's blog!

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Horseback riding is so much fun, you look like a real cowgirl!

Kimberly said...

How much fun!!! I haven't rode a horse in a long time. I don't think I'd be able to swing my leg over the horse. haha