Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

Our Christmas 2008! This was the first Christmas in 3 years that we have had the whole family together. With Zach on his mission, then Jadon, we now have the whole family together and we had a blast!
This was our Christmas tree that Santa stocked with the stockings laid out where everyone sits.

Before Santa came, the family played a game "The Office" trivia game. Then we do our white elephant gift exchange and the siblings gift exchange. We started off the evening with two new traditions: a taco dinner with homemade salsa, and a "shaker" gift where you shake the gift and try to figure out what is in it and if you get the most right, you get the gift! These were traditions that I copied from some of the ladies I visit teach. Christmas eve is not Christmas if you don't watch "It's a Wonderful Life" (another tradition).

We have our "traditional" brunch that the kids look forward to which is hard boiled eggs, ham, pickles, cheese and ritz crackers.


Callie got a yoga DVD and mat, so I brought mine out and we had a fun time straining our bodies to follow the instructors. Wow, we sure hurt in places the next day.

Last but not least, is me and my honey (Santa). He is a good man and spoils me terribly!
Hope all of your Christmas' were wonderful.














2 remarks:

Krissa said...

It was a great Christmas...I absolutely love the "traditional" brunch...I look forward to that...So good!
Thanks for a great Christmas!! Love ya!

Kimberly said...

What fun traditions!! I don't know if we'd be able to do the "shaker" game. Travis would always win! Even when I try to trick him and add something to his gift, he ALWAYS guesses it. Little stinker.

Sounds like you all had such an awesome time together. :)